Vegan Corn Bread Cake
A great complement to refried beans or chili, and great for snacking and breakfast, too. Makes good use of Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil.
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp melted Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Apple Juice (can be substituted with pear juice or non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush a standard sized loaf pan or 9-inch cake round with the 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and mix them all together.
- Pour in batter into the well oiled loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...