Vanilla Oatmeal with Pan-Fried Cinnamon Apples
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 3 cups water filtered
- 3 Tbsp whey or lemon juice, whole yogurt, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, or other acid
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3-4 apple peeled, cut into bite-sized pie
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey Raw
- The night before, in a glass bowl: 3 C of oatmeal 3 C of filtered water 3 Tbsp whey, lemon juice, whole yogurt, buttermilk, apple cider vinegar, or other acid 1 tsp sea salt
- Cover with a towel and let soak between 12-24 hours.
- In the morning, in a cast iron skillet: ½ C Nutiva Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil 3-4 peeled apples, cut into bite-sized pieces Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Sauté over medium heat until apples are browned and softened, stirring occasionally, and the sauce reduces down to a glaze.
- In the meantime, start oatmeal in a saucepan: 3 C of water All the contents of your glass bowl from overnight soaking
- Bring oatmeal to a gentle bubble and stir constantly. It should only take 3-5 minutes to cook your oatmeal because of the soaking process.
- Towards the end of cooking, add: 2 tsp vanilla Sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg Up to ¼ C Raw Honey
- Your apples and oatmeal should finish close to each other. Add the apples from the skillet to the saucepan. Stir all together and serve hot. If you like, add some yogurt on top of each bowl of oatmeal, perhaps with a sprinkling of nuts or dried fruit.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...