Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
Do you have a naked cake that’s screaming for the perfect Vanilla Buttercream Frosting? Perhaps it’s our Coconut Blueberry Birthday Cake! And if you do have one that needs a little sweet bit of the most fluffy frosting out there, then today you have hit the jackpot!
- ¾ cup Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor
- 1 ¾ cup organic powdered sugar (sifted)
- ½ tablespoon milk (we used Natural Value Lite canned coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Make sure the Buttery Coconut Oil is soft, but not melted.
- Get the liquids together in one small cup (i.e. pour the vanilla extract into the milk).
- Whip the Buttery Coconut Oil for exactly 2 minutes.
- Add half of the total amount the powered sugar (pour through a sieve).
- With a hand held mixer, make sure to start the speed on slow.
- Whip for another minute.
- Add half of the total amount of milk/vanilla extract and whip for another 2 minutes.
- Add the other half of powdered sugar (through the sieve) and whip for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining milk/vanilla extrac.t
- The icing is should be smooth and pale and spreadable.
Our super easy-to-make, velvety soft, and spreadable frosting was inspired by #cupcakejemma. We made it for the Coconut Blueberry Birthday Cake, but you can use it for any cake or cupcake recipe desired.
This recipe uses just 4 simple ingredients and is Vegan!