Tabbouleh in Cucumber Cup
These Cucumber Cups from all-organic Back to Earth Catering were a big hit at our Opening Party reception here in Richmond. With delicious, healthy hemp seed.
Photo by Jamie Soja. Recipe printed with permission from Executive Chef Jeremy Baumgartner.
- 1 cup Bulgur Wheat (cooked)
- 1/4 cup Cucumber (diced)
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley (chopped)
- 1/8 cup Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1 Lemon (zest and juice)
- 2 tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Peppercorns (ground)
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 English Cucumber (for cups, 1 each)
- Mix everything together in a bowl.
- For cucumber cups: cut cucumber into 12 x ¾” rounds.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out a “cup” with each round. Then using a 1 1/2” round cookie cutter, cut out each cup.
- Spoon 1oz of tabbouleh into each cucumber cup and garnish with a ¼ of a cherry tomato and a leaf of parsley.