Sweet Potato & Hempseed Dip
This dip is inspired by the flavors of Mexico. It’s made with sweet potatoes, cauliflower and hempseeds with a touch of chipotle, lime and cilantro. It’s a lighter alternative to hummus! Tastes best when served slightly warm, with a side of gluten-free tortilla chips or rice crackers.
- 4 cups Sweet Potato (peeled and cubed)
- 4 cups Cauliflower Florets
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 White Onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsp Chipotle Pepper
- 2 tsp Cumin (powder)
- 2 Limes (large, juiced)
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
- 1/3 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place the cubed sweet potatoes, cauliflower florets and sea salt in the pot, cover and cook the vegetables until they have completely softened (about 15-20 minutes). Drain the cooked vegetables in a colander and allow to cool slightly.
- While the vegetables are cooling, heat the coconut oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Sauté the chopped onion for 4-5 minutes, until golden brown. Then, add garlic and continue to sauté for 30-40 seconds. Remove from heat and transfer to a food processor.
- Add the cooked vegetables, chipotle pepper, cumin powder, lime juice, Greek yogurt, salt and pepper to the food processor. Process until almost smooth. (Scraping the sides of the processor may be necessary). Then, add the hemp seeds and hemp oil and pulse until completely mixed. Taste and adjust seasonings, if required.
- Garnish the dip with chopped cilantro and serve with gluten-free crackers or chips.