Superfood Seed Crackers
These are delicious, nutty, and light gluten-free crackers that pair well with your favorite cheese, nut spread, sliced meats or tuna salad. Our staff went wild over them. Be prepared to make many more batches due to popular demand!
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Chia Seed
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp psyllium seed husks
- 1 1/2-2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp warmed Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Rosemary, Onion & Smoked Salt Seasoning:
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2-3 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked salt
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 9 1/2″ x 13″ baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- In a small bowl combine maple syrup & coconut oil with water & stir well.
- Add liquid to dry ingredients and let soak for 2 hours, or overnight. Dough should be gooey and stick together.
- Divide the dough in half and mix the herb selection into one of the halves.
- Spread the dough evenly (1/4″ thick or less) onto lined baking sheets (wet hands to spread easily). Score the dough into desired shapes (I like small rectangles). Half a batch will make about 18 rectangles.
- Bake for 20 minutes on one side. Remove from oven and carefully flip the whole cracker. Peel the parchment paper off and bake on the other side for 15-20 minutes until fully dry and crisp. Edges may lightly brown. For the dehydrator I spread the dough thinly and it required 5 hours on each side (10-11 hrs. total).
- Let cool and serve. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...