Sprout Salad with Hempseed
- 1 large handful per person Sunflower Sprouts
- 1 medium handful per person Snow Pea Sprouts (can be substituted with Alfalfa Sprouts)
- 1 large handful per person Spinach
- 8-10 Grape Tomatoes (cut in half)
- Feta Cheese (crumbled for topping)
- Olive Oil
- Walnuts (chopped; can be substituted with almond slices or other topping as desired)
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- 4-6 per person Olives (pitted)
- 1 Apple (chunked; optional)
- Garlic Seasoning (to taste)
- Rinse sprouts and spinach leaves carefully; drain thoroughly
- Remove stems from spinach and cut leaves in half or thirds if large.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Cut apple in small pieces.
- In a rectangular glass dish or bowl, arrange sprouts as first layer.
- Using a kitchen scissors, cut the sprouts into small pieces (easier to chew!).
- Add Hempseed (and apple if desired).
- Toss ingredients.
- Arrange spinach leaves on top.
- Spread crumbled feta cheese on spinach leaves.
- Sprinkle with oil & seasoning of choice.
- Place olives in a nice design with tomatoes.
- Add nuts and a little more seasoning.
- Enjoy with spicy hummus dip and cucumbers.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...