A classic treat, these soft snickerdoodles are a year-round favorite.
- 1 cup Nutiva Organic Shortening
- 1 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp + 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large mixing bowl, then once fully mixed, beat in one egg at a time, then the vanilla. Set this mix aside.
- Fork or sift together remaining dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl (flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, and cinnamon), leaving out 1 tbsp each of cinnamon and sugar.
- Sift dry ingredients into the shortening mixture, mixing until you’ve achieved a smooth dough.
- Mix together remaining cinnamon and sugar, in a bowl. Set this aside.
- Roll dough into 1 1/2 tbsp balls. Roll each ball in the cinnamon-sugar mix until lightly covered. Place each ball on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until cookie’s are fluffy and outer edges are golden to golden-brown.
- Remove cookies from sheet immediately and place them on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes before enjoying them.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...