Savory Gluten-Free Teff Flour Pie Crust
A quick and easy savory pie crust, great for savory stew pies and made with Nutiva Shortening.
- 1/2 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 cup Teff Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Shortening (melted)
- 1/3 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch deep dish pie pan with residual melted shortening from the fry pan.
- To make the crust, combine the flour, ground flax seeds, melted shortening, and salt in a medium-size bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pie pan and use your fingers to press it out in an even layer over the bottom and sides of the pan. Poke a few holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Remove from the oven and add your pie filling.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...