Rosemary Five-Spiced Nuts
Versatile nut mix recipe, great as a yummy snack or salad topping that travels and presents well, and is lactose & gluten-free, vegan and paleo friendly.
- 3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 cups Cashews (whole)
- 2 cups Pecans (halves)
- 2 cups Walnuts (halves)
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1/2 Orange (juiced)
- 4 tbsp Rosemary (finely minced)
- 3 tsp Spicy Five Spice Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Divide coconut oil between two metal cake tins and place in the oven.
- In a large bowl combine nuts, five spice seasoning, 2 tbsp rosemary, and 1/2 tbsp salt. Mix well.
- Remove cake tins from the oven and coat bottom and sides with the melted coconut oil inside. Pour remaining oil and orange juice in a small bowl and mix with coconut sugar. Mix oil and sugar with the nuts and seasonings.
- Divide nuts and seasonings in 1/2 among the two cake tins and place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Pay close attention so that they nuts are roasting; you will be able to smell if they are burning immediately.
- Remove from oven and tins and place in a clean bowl or on parchment paper and add remaining rosemary and salt. Allow to cool. Enjoy.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...