Red Lentil Stew with Chard
A zesty, nutritious stew made with fibrous lentils and the healthy fats of Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil and Hempseed.
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil
- 2 Leeks (sliced)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 stalk Celery (chopped)
- 4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 cup Water
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 cup Red Lentils (rinsed)
- 1 cup Kombu Seaweed (cut into pieces)
- 1 Lemon (juiced and zested; should yield 1 tbsp lemon zest)
- 1 bunch Red Chard (stems removed, leaves chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes (lightly toasted)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, garlic and celery and cook for 5 minutes, until leeks are tender and softened.
- Add broth, water, bay leaves, lentils and kombu and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are thoroughly cooked.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice and chard. Cook 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in parsley or place on top as garnish.
- Sprinkle with hempseeds and toasted coconut chips.
- Delicious served over rice, quinoa or millet.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...