Raw Organic Chocolates
A simple recipe for raw, organic chocolates, made with wholesome Nutiva Coconut Oil.
- 1 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 cup Raw Carob Powder (can be substituted in part with maca, lucuma, or mesquite powders)
- 1 cup Cashews (raw and ground; can be substituted in part with hemp seeds)
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (liquified; can be substituted with cacao butter or red palm oil)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Syrup
- Mix cacao powder, carob powder, and ground cashews in a food processor.
- With the food processor running, add coconut oil, then coconut syrup in that order.
- Place the mixture between two sheets of parchment paper, extend it with a rolling pin, making a rectangle shape of about 1/2″ thick.
- Leave the paste between the sheets of paper and place it in the freezer on a plate for 1/2 hour.
- Remove from the freezer, wait a few minutes and then cut in desired shapes. After cutting, place back in the freezer or fridge to prevent the chocolates from getting too soft.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...