Raw Ginger Julius
This is a raw version of a famous drink called the Orange Julius. It is vegan, easy to make and has a flavor uncannily similar to that of the original drink, without the added ingredients we wouldn’t like to eat today.
- 1 cup Orange Juice (from 6-8 oranges; blood oranges used in the above photo)
- 1 cup Cashews (raw; pre-soaked)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (freshly grated; optional but highly recommended)
- 3 cups Water (filtered)
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
- Juice 8-10 blood oranges, or 6-8 regular oranges, to yield 1 cup of juice
- Put 1 cup of pre-soaked raw cashews into a Vitamix Add 3 cups of filtered water and the Orange Juice
- Add 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil that has been liquified over warm water Add 1 tablespoon of Coconut Sugar (to taste)
- Add 1 tablespoon of grated fresh ginger – do not use dried
- Blend on highest setting for 1 minute until cashews are completed dissolved.
- Filter through nut bag if you like a smoother drink or serve as is.
- Chill before serving. Optional: Blend again just before serving to get a nice foam on the top.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...