Raw Chocolate Cake
- 6 cup Dry Walnuts or Almonds (grind to fine)
- 1 1/3 cup Raw Cacao or Coco Powder
- 1/2-1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cup Medjool Dates (pitted & creamed to paste)
- 1/3 cup Fruit Jam (for between cake layers)
- 2/3 cup Medjool dates (pitted and creamed to paste for frosting)
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil (liquid, for frosting)
- 3 tbsp Agave Syrup (for frosting)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract (for frosting)
- 1/3 cup Raw Cacao Powder or Coco Powder (for frosting)
- Blend all cake ingredients in the food processor and mix until well integrated.
- Separate “dough” into two equal balls. Press hal fof the mixture into a 9″ springform cake pan.
- Spread jam over the top and press the remaining half of the “dough” on top.
- For the frosting, blend all frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Remove cake from springform pan, turn upside down and spread frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Smooth frosting with a warmed butter knife or spreader.
- Place fresh raspberries on top. Garnish with mint leaves.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...