Potato Leek Soup
This delicious creamy vegan soup is very nourishing and satisfying–perfect for those winter months and cold days.
- 5 Medium Potatos (thinly sliced or small cubes)
- 3 Medium Leeks (washed and chopped)
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil Organic Red Palm Oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Manna™ Organic Coconut Manna
- 2 tsp Thyme
- 2 tsp Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4-1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/4-1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 6 cup Water
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (carton)
- Parsley, Chives or Scallions (chopped for garnish)
- In a soup pot, saute leeks, potato, salt and herbs in red palm and olive oil to distribute seasoning and heat, about 5 minutes.
- Add water, coconut manna & lemon. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Heat in a covered pot, cooking at a low boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in coconut milk and pour contents into a blender.
- Puree in blender to desired consistency. Reheat if necessary.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with chopped parsley, chives or scallions.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...