This simple and cost efficient recipe can feed those chip urges and uses Coconut Oil to fry the plantains instead of vegetable oil. If you are looking for a way to steer clear of packaged chips and make some healthy chips, then this is the recipe for you! Recipe Credit: Belize Cuisine, Los Angeles.
- 11/2 tsp lime or lemon zest
- 1 lemon or lime
- 11/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika smoke
- 6 cups Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 4 plantains green
- Mix together lemon/lime zest, salt, and paprika in a bowl.
- Peel the plantains and then slice them about 1/8 inch thick. Then soak in hot water and 1 lime/lemon juice for 5 minutes, drain and dry with paper towel.
- Fry in hot Nutiva coconut oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and add salt mixture to taste.