Perfect Guacamole with Red Palm Oil & Hempseed
A classic guacamole recipe, great for entertaining or for everyday snacking, enhanced with Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil and Hempseed.
- 2 Avocados (ripe)
- 1/2 Red Onion (minced; about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup Nutiva Organic Hempseed Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1-2 Serrano Chiles (stems and seeds removed; minced)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (leaves and tender stems; finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice (fresh squeezed; can be substituted with lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil Organic Red Palm Oil
- 1/2-1 tsp Coarse Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 Tomato (ripe; seeds and pulp removed; chopped)
- Red Radish (to garnish; can be substituted with jicama)
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avocado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Mash the avocados. (Don’t overdo it! The guacamole should be a little chunky.)
- Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, hempseed, red palm oil, salt, and pepper and mash some more.
- Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness, so start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness. Be careful handling the peppers; wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours.
- Chilling tomatoes hurts their flavor, so don’t chop the tomatoes or add to the guacamole until ready to serve. Just before serving, chop the tomatoes, add to the guacamole and mix.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent browning. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- *A tip from fan, Deborah Candland* Chop the onion and the chili and let them sit in lime juice and red palm oil for 10-15 minutes. This makes the onion easier to digest for those who are sensitive to raw onion!
Related Recipes You might be interested in...