Peanut Butter Coconut Mug Cake
Put your microwave to good use with this Peanut Butter Coconut Mug Cake!
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp unsweetened, smooth peanut butter + more to drizzle (optional)
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp Organic Coconut Flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp chocolate chunks (optional)
- To make flax egg , mix flaxseed meal and water in small bowl. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, coconut oil, syrup, coconut milk, flax egg and vanilla extract. Add the coconut flour and baking powder and pour into a mug or ramekin.
- Top with chocolate and microwave on high for 1.5 – 2 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch. Start checking doneness about 1 minute in.
- Let cool a couple minutes before eating, then drizzle with extra peanut butter if needed.
Whoever said that good things come to those that wait has never tried this Peanut Butter Coconut Mug Cake!
In five minutes or less, you can dive into this warm and rich coconut mug cake. Notes of vanilla and maple syrup magically blend together in this simple Peanut Butter Coconut Mug Cake that’s topped with dark chocolate and peanut butter to make a dreamy dessert into an enjoyable reality.
A good rule of thumb to follow when baking with coconut flour is remembering that 1 cup of all-purpose or wheat flour is the equivalent to ⅓ cup of coconut flour. Our naturally grain free and gluten free flour substitute is absorbs more liquid easier than other flours so it’s important to use a recipe that specifically calls for coconut flour.
Our non-GMO verified Organic Coconut Flour is made by hand scooping the meat from certified organic coconuts before drying out the coconut flakes so that they can be milled into a fine flour that’s rich in texture and flavor. The result is a gluten free flour alternative that is loaded with fiber, approximately 28% of the daily value per serving!
In the case that you have to modify a recipe that doesn’t use coconut flour, be sure to add more liquids, an additional egg or simply just use less flour to ensure that your bake goods have a pleasant and desirable consistency.
Once you master the coconut flour base, this cake recipe can be modified to your liking. Add ingredients or swap some out to make this mug cake time after time without getting bored. We recommend adding Organic Coconut Manna or one of these yummy MCT infused nut butters to add a little extra flavor and depth to your mug cake.
Ready to make the switch to a flour alternative with a low glycemic index? You’re only one click away from adding Organic Coconut Flour to your pantry!