Mixed Vegetable Burgers
Take your veggies for a spin with this Veggie Burger recipe. Experiment with your favorite types of vegetables and saute them with Coconut Oil to maximize your burger’s flavor.
- 1 Pkg mixed vegetables frozen (or fresh), thawed and cooked crisp tender and drained
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 onion small
- 1 Tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil or Olive Oil. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 egg
- 1 clove garlic large
- 1 Tbsp cornmeal Organic, or Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp cumin
- sea salt and Pepper to Taste
- In a food processor with metal blade, chop the onion, garlic and herbs.
- Add the remainders except the flax seed meal and flour.
- Chop mixture into a coarse paste but not into a puree.
- Blend in the flour and flax seed meal to form a thick mixture, adding a bit more flour if needed.
- In a non stick skillet over medium high heat, heat up 2 to 3 Tbs coconut oil.
- Form the vegetable mixture into about 6 patties.
- Fry in the hot oil, turning with a spatula until the patties are well browned on each side.
- Serve in buns.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...