Try this cake warm from the oven with some whipped cream, or spoon the batter over applesauce in a Dutch oven and steam it like a pudding cake. This whole grain cake has no refined sugar but lots of flavor.
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil – Virgin Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (white whole wheat is good)
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup water boiling
- Beat the coconut oil (solid at room temperature) with the coconut sugar and molasses for 3-5 minutes until light brown. Add the egg and beat well.
- Mix the flours and the other dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and then add to the liquids and mix well.
- Add the boiling water and stir again. Pour batter into a greased, 9 inch by 9 inch pan and bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until middle is set and sides just start to pull away from side of pan.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...