High Protein Wheat-Free Pancakes
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Organic Hemp Seed Protein
- 1/4 cup White Spelt Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 packet Monk Fruit Powder
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2 1/2 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup (Heaping) Organic Shortening
- Nutiva Organic Hempseed, chopped cashews, apricots and dates, optional garnish Organic Shelled Hempseed
- Coconut or Maple Syrup Optional
- In a large bowl, whisk together Coconut Flour, Hemp Protein Vanilla, monk sweetener, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix 1 egg plus the 2 egg whites. Stir in the almond milk, Nutiva Shortening and the vanilla extract. Your batter should be thicker than traditional pancake batter, but not so thick that you can’t pour it and spread it around the pan.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brush with additional Nutiva Shortening
- Scoop about 1/8 heaping cup of batter onto skillet and spread into a 4 inch circle. Repeat until you can’t fit any more pancakes into skillet (you should get 3 or 4 in).
- Cook until the bottom is golden brown and the top is set well around the edges.
- Flip and continue cooking until second side is golden brown.
- Remove from pan and garnish with Nutiva Hempseed, cashews, dates and apricots.
High Protein Wheat-Free Pancakes for everyone to enjoy!
High in protein and wheat-free, these aren’t your average pancakes. Adding superfoods like coconut flour and vanilla hemp protein to this recipe makes this a healthy and hearty breakfast.