Hemp Oil: Your Secret Skin Care Weapon

Loaded with all 20 amino acids and more essential fatty acids than any nut or seed, it’s clear why adding hemp to your diet is a good idea—but can these same nutrients benefit your skin?

The answer: yes!

The Omega 3s & 6s found in hemp oil are responsible for its anti-inflammatory properties that can help combat common skin problems and keep your skin looking healthy.

NutivaHempOilSkincare_2
It’s important to purchase organic, unrefined and cold-pressed hemp oil so you can be sure you’re using the highest quality and chemical-free oil on your skin.

Here are our 4 favorite ways to use hemp oil for a flawless complexion.

Hemp Oil: Your Secret Skin Care Weapon

Click HERE to save these ideas for later.

Hemp Oil Your Secret Skin Care Weapon kitchen.nutiva.com

Acne Treatment

While it may seem counterintuitive to apply oil to acne prone skin, hemp oil boasts a comedogenic rating of 0 and does not clog pores. Thanks to the essential fatty acids present in hemp, hemp oil treats inflammation and redness without stripping your skin of its natural oils. The next time you experience a break-out, avoid common acne products containing harsh chemicals and apply hemp oil to your skin instead.

Face Mask

You don’t have to leave the house the next time you’re in need of a facial—create your own hemp oil mask in 3 easy steps! We love this hemp oil face mask because of its moisturizing and clarifying properties, plus it’s super gentle and chemical-free!

Ingredients:
1 ripe avocado (about 2/3 cup)
3 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil
1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp. Bentonite Clay (or French Clay)
4 drops lemongrass essential oil

Instructions:
Blend avocado, hemp oil, coconut oil and essential oil in a blender or food processor. Pour mixture into a bowl and stir in the clay. Apply to face and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.

Moisturizer

One of the easiest ways to incorporate hemp oil into your skin care routine is to use it as a daily moisturizer. After cleansing your face and patting it dry, pour a dime-size amount of hemp oil into your hands and massage into your skin. You’ll immediately notice how hydrated and soft your skin looks and feels!

Soap

Creating a gentle, homemade soap can be achieved with as little as 5 ingredients—and hemp oil is one of them. Making your own soap is an easy way to save money and control what ingredients are being absorbed into your skin.

Have a skin success story from using hemp oil? Tell us about it!

Comments

1. Debra Marsch says:

I have a Holistic health professional spa massage candles & massage lotions business, Red Palm Living. I use only the highest quality and healthy ingredients, sustainable certified organic red palm oil from Nutiva.
    Nutiva products are super healtby & awesome.
    Deb

Thanks for your support!

2. Clint says:

I was so excited to test out your hemp oil in the 30 below windchill of Minnesota, for preventing moisture loss and skin damage. I coated my face/head (even inside my ears and over my eyelids), since my otherwise acne prone skin doesn’t need any more excuse for inflammation. Several hours after applying a mixture of Lavender Oil and your Hemp Oil, a rancid fishy smell occurred. After doing some research, I came to find out that the Omega 3 fatty acids oxidize too fast for topical application- even excessive ingestion of Omega 3’s is said to cause a fishy smell to bodily excretions. I guess I’m curious why so many recommend applying this to their skin and even go so far as to add it to their various creams/salves, when it seems to quickly oxidize and become fishy? It’s a delicious oil and I’d definitely recommend anyone to eat your Hemp Oil sprinkled over most anything, yet I now have to dryclean my coat to try and get the fishiness out of the fabric. Thank you for the wonderful nutritional products, though.

3. Katie says:

I just bought your help oil, I was already a daily user of coconut oil as a moisturizer, now I’m using hemp oil and I love it! I have sensitive African American skin and I’m picky about moisturizers but I love the hemp oil better than coconut when it comes to my face, it’s lighter and sinks in faster. I also use the hemp oil for a once a week health supplement to put in food.

4. Alex Maldo says:

Hemp oil contains essential fatty acids for skin nutrition. Hemp oil is rich in Omega 6 and Omega 3, which are often hard to come by in common diets. Hemp oil is found in organic soaps and essential oils. Omega 6 provides the right nutrients to prevent long-term skin damage, dryness, and flaking of upper layers.

5. hemp says:

Hi Alex Maldo,
    The skin dryness is removed easily if you can eliminate this kind of problem permanently then the best solution is to try the hemp oil skin treatment weapon daily according to the period of a time after the concerning of skin specialist and also remember all the guidelines which is helpful for you to remove the dryness of skin rapidly ,my suggestion is to go skin specialist one time in a weak for a properly checkup and take care of skin from the disease of body dry .
    Thanks