Gluten-Free Deep Dish Pie Crust
Besides having a subtle chocolate flavor, teff flour is also a great source of calcium and iron. Whether you are gluten-free or not, this may become your favorite pie crust.
- 2 1/2 cups Teff Flour
- 2/3 cup + 1 tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (melted) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly oil a 9-inch deep dish pie pan on the bottom and up the sides with 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil.
- To make the crust, combine the teff flour, oil, maple syrup, and salt in a medium-size bowl and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared pie pan and use your fingers to press it out in an even layer over the bottom and up the sides of the pie pan. Poke a few holes in the dough with a fork.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until it loses it shine. Remove from the oven and add your pie filling.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...