Gluten Free Coconut Chicken
This dish has a comfort food feeling to it. It’s made completely with Nutiva Organic coconut products, making it dairy and gluten free.
- 1 pound Chicken Breast or Cutlets (boneless and cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (divided) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 6 tsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour (divided) Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- Pinch Black Pepper, ground
- 1 White Onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 12 oz Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 cups Rice (cooked for serving)
- Warm 1 tbsp of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a medium bowl toss chicken with 3 tsp of coconut flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook stirring occasionally until all sides are brown and is cooked thoroughly.
- Add in onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a skillet melt 2 tbsp of coconut oil. Then whisk in the remaining 3 tsp of coconut flour to make a Coconut Roux (“roo”).
- Add coconut milk and then whisk in cornstarch. Add to skillet with basil and remaining salt and stir until combined.
- Add your meat, onion, and garlic mixture.
- Cook for another 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over rice or coconut rice.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...