Gingered Sweet Potato and Beet Greens
Sweet potatoes and greens sautéed in coconut oil and warmly spiced with fresh ginger and Indian spice. A lovely medley of rich colors and rich flavors.
- 3 tbsp Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Ginger (fresh; finely chopped)
- 3 Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cut into sticks approx 2-3
- Beet Greens (from 3 large beets, or approx. 20 stalks; can be substituted with red swiss chard)
- 2 tsp Garam Masala (Indian spice mixture)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Nutiva Organic Hempseeds (to taste) Organic Shelled Hempseed
- Slice onion into crescents and sautée in coconut oil until soft.
- Add finely chopped fresh ginger and cook another minute.
- Add garam masala, salt, and sweet potatoes. Cover and let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Chop beet green stems into small pieces and chop leaves coarsely. Fold in stems and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add leaves last; cover again until all is soft but not overcooked.
- Serve sprinkled with hemp seeds if desired.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...