Feather Light Macaroons
These baked goods made with whole-wheat flour are anything but heavy. Credit: From the Coconut Diet book by Cherie Colbom
- 1 Tbsp - as needed Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour as needed
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp stevia or other healthy low-carb sweetener, or less to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut dry unsweetened finely shredded
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon flour.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff enough to stand in peaks. Beat in the vanilla and the stevia.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut, (1/3 cup) flour, and baking soda. Mix well, and then add the lemon juice and the maple syrup. Mix again.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture and drop it by the spoonful onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 300 degrees F. for about 20-25 minutes or until golden, then turn off the oven, remove the cookies from the cookie sheet and transfer them to a baker’s rack (or the racks of the oven) and let them set in the warm oven for another 20 minutes.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...