Falafel on Pita Chip
We really enjoyed the Falafel on Pita Chips from all-organic Back to Earth Catering at our Opening Party reception here in Richmond.
- 1 Pita Bread
- 2 cups Italian Parsley Leaves (washed)
- 3/4 cup Tahini
- 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Manna
- 3 lemons
- 7-8 cloves Garlic
- 1/8 cup Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Sea Salt
- 1.75 tsp Black Peppercorns (ground)
- 1 Yellow Onion (peeled and quartered)
- 4 tbsp Cumin (ground)
- 1/8 cup Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 pinch Organic Coconut Sugar
- 4 cups Garbanzo beans (soaked overnight, drained)
- PITA CHIPS
- Cut out 1 1/2″ circles of pita, brush with coconut oil, season with salt and pepper and bake @ 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes until crispy.
- COCONUT MANNA HUMMUS
- Combine: 2 cups cooked Garbanzo beans, 4 Tbsp Tahini, Coconut Manna, juice and zest of one lemon, 2-3 Garlic cloves, 1/8 cup olive oil, 1/8 cup Coconut Oil, 1 Tbsp Sea Salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Combine: 2 cups soaked Garbanzo Beans, Yellow Onion, 4 Garlic Cloves, Parsley, juice and zest of one lemon, cumin, Hempseed, 1 Tbsp Sea Salt, 1 tsp black pepper, and baking soda. Blend in food processor for 4-5 min.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan to 350 degrees and drop 1/2 ounce balls into hot oil for 3-4 minutes.
- TAHINI SAUCE
- Combine: 1/2 cup Tahini, water, 1 Clove Garlic, juice and zest of one lemon, 1 tsp Sea Salt, pinch black pepper, and pinch sugar. Blend in food processor until smooth.
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...