Dutch Butter Cookies
These familiar holiday tin treats are made with Nutiva Coconut Sugar and Buttery Spread and can be left plain or topped with sugar.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour and baking soda. Set mixture aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, soften buttery spread, then beat in sugar and flour mixture (in that order).
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface, and with a rolling pin flatten to about 1/4″ thin.
- Cut cookies with a cookie cutter of your choosing (about 2″ in diameter at most). Roll remaining dough into a ball and repeat the previous step until you’ve run out of dough.
- For the final round of this process, shape dough into a square or rectangle, and cut cookies into evenly sized rectangular bars.
- Space dough evenly on cookie sheets.
- Optional: Chill cookie dough for 4 hours.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...