DIY Vanilla Cinnamon Latte Body Scrub made with Coconut Oil & Coconut Sugar
This invigorating body scrub is made from items you can find in your own kitchen: coconut oil, coconut sugar, and coffee. The trouble with many store bought beauty products is that they contain toxic ingredients. (Visit the Environmental Working Group’s Cosmetics Database to learn more about the ingredients in personal care products.) By making this scrub at home, from food grade products, you can trust that the ingredients are pure. DIY Vanilla Cinnamon Latte Body Scrub is also a thoughtful, handmade holiday gift.
About Essential Oils:
• Essential oils are powerful. Be careful not to use more than called for as doing so can cause irritation to sensitive skin.
• Essential oils often have a specific purpose. Different scents can be soothing, invigorating or calming. If you wish, you can substitute different oils in this recipe to achieve a particular effect.
• You can find essential oils online or at natural foods stores. We like doTERRA, Mountain Rose Herbs, and Aura Cacia.
Get the Recipe —>
DIY Vanilla Cinnamon Latte Body Scrub
A sublime body scrub to increase circulation and bring new life to dehydrated skin
1/4 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Nutiva Organic Coconut Sugar
1/2 cup coffee, ground
1 tsp vanilla extract or 20 drops vanilla essential oil
4 drops cinnamon essential oil
1. In a double boiler over low heat, gently warm the coconut oil. Be careful not to melt the oil – heat just enough to blend easily with the sugar and coffee grounds. Once warm, remove from heat and transfer the oil to a bowl.
2. Add the coconut sugar, coffee grounds, vanilla, and cinnamon essential oil. Stir by hand until all of the ingredients are well blended.
Yields 8oz. Transfer to a container, like a wide-mouth canning jar for easy scooping.
To Use: Activate the scrub by scooping a small amount into the palm of your hand, add a bit of water and then gently exfoliate your skin. Use with caution as the coconut oil might make the tub slippery.
• Coconut oil melts at warm temperatures; we recommend that you do not place this DIY product in direct sunlight or leave it in your car.
• If you enjoy the scent of coconut, we suggest you use Nutiva Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. If you want the nourishing benefits of coconut oil without the coconut scent, use Nutiva Organic Refined Coconut Oil.
Your turn! What is your favorite DIY body care recipe?