Curried Cashew Quinoa Tabouli
A wild and wonderful version of the traditional Middle Eastern grain salad, with cashews, curry, carrots, currants, and Nutiva Organic Hemp Oil!
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 4 cups Water
- 1 cup Carrots (chopped, approx. 1 inch long and 1/8 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup Dried Currants (can be substituted with chopped raisins)
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Organic Hemp Oil
- 1 cup Curried Cashews (if not available prepare your own by roasting raw cashews with curry powder and salt to taste)
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- Black Pepper (freshly ground; to taste)
- 3 cups Parsley (fresh; finely chopped)
- 1 Red Pepper (small or 1/2 large; chopped)
- if not available prepare your own by roasting raw cashews with curry powder and salt to taste).
- Meanwhile, chop carrots into sticks, about one inch long, 1/8 inch wide.
- Toss into cooked quinoa along with currants or raisins and cover for about 10 minutes. (The hot quinoa and steam will soften the carrots and bring out some sweetness from the currants/raisins.)
- Use this time to finely chop the parsley and juice the lemons.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and let cool enough so that it is not steaming (warm is okay).
- Drizzle in lemon juice and Nutiva hemp oil and toss in cashews.
- Add curry powder and black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add chopped parsley and red pepper and toss until everything is evenly distributed.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...