Coconut Manna Rum Balls
These marvelous rum balls are perfect for dessert fans who don’t want to sit down to an entire piece of cake. Great for those people who always ask you to slice them a piece so thin that you need a special ceramic knife to accommodate them. Now, just hand them one of these little guys!
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Manna
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Nuts (walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, almonds, whatever one wants)
- 1/2 cup Raisins (can be substituted with dates or figs)
- 4 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 3 tbsp Rum
- 2 tbsp + 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (divided)
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- Mix the manna with sugar, kneading it until it stops being crumbly and has the consistency of butter
- In a food processor shred the nuts and raisins, add them to the manna mixture. Add rum, 2 tbsp of shredded coconut and 2 tbsp cocoa powder; mix well.
- Press ingredients together and roll into small 1″ balls.
- Mix the remaining cocoa, cinnamon and chili powder, and roll the balls in the mixture, then roll each ball in 1/4 cup shredded coconut.
- Put the balls in the refrigerator for an hour, then serve.