Coconut Lemon Cake Recipe
Spelt adds nutty goodness to this sweet lemon cake. Enjoy it plain or topped with blueberry sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put spelt flour, baking powder, sea salt, coconut sugar and lemon zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Grind the flax seeds in a blender until powdery. Add the apple juice, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the juice mixture and ¼ cup melted coconut oil into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients, and stir until well combined. The cake batter will be thick.
- Brush a standard sized loaf pan or 9-inch cake round with the 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil.
- Pour in batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...