Coconut Curried Cauliflower and Chickpeas Over Quinoa
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpeas coated in a spicy yellow indian curry and coconut milk sauce over fluffy steamed quinoa grains.
- Steamed Quinoa
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water (can be substituted with broth of choice)
- Coconut Curried Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- 3 tsp (separated into 2 tsp and 1 tsp) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 15 oz Garbanzo Beans (canned; drain and rinse)
- 1 head Cauliflower (organic; chopped into 1 inch pieces)
- 1-2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk
- Salt (to taste)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Rinse uncooked quinoa in a fine mesh strainer.
- In a 2 qt saucepan, bring 2 cups water or other cooking liquid to boil.
- Add rinsed quinoa. Cover and reduce heat to low, simmering for 15 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chickpeas. Stir frequently, until chickpeas turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan, place in a bowl and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp coconut oil and add the chopped cauliflower. Stir occasionally until cauliflower starts to soften and turn golden, 8-10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas back in and sprinkle with curry powder and garam masala. Stir to coat.
- Add the coconut milk and stir, until fully incorporated.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over steamed quinoa, about 1 cup of each.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...