Coconut Cacao Maca Balls
These raw, vegan, gluten-free & low glycemic index treats make a great snack anytime. Raw cacao and maca root powder provide detoxifying energy.
- 2 cups Almonds
- 1 1/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (separated into 1 cup and 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp Maca Root Powder
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut Nectar
- Soak almonds overnight in non-fluoridated water.
- Melt coconut oil using a double boiler or by placing a ramekin in a bowl of boiled water.
- Rinse & drain almonds, then place in food processor. Pulse almonds to a nice chunky consistency, somewhere between coarse & fine.
- Transfer almonds to a large bowl and stir in 1 cup of shredded coconut, sifted raw cacao powder, maca root powder, and Himalayan pink salt by hand.
- Add melted coconut oil slowly, coating the dry mix evenly.
- Sweeten with the coconut nectar to taste; the mixture should be sticking together now.
- Form the mixture into 1 & 1/2 inch balls, then roll in remaining coconut shred to coat. Refrigerate. Tip: *use a melon baller or small ice cream scoop to keep balls uniform in size*
Related Recipes You might be interested in...