Close Menu
Prep Time
Cook Time
Servings
Pin Save For Later
Meal TypeBreakfast

Coconut Blueberry Muffins

Delicious gluten free muffins packed with moisture and flavor. Great for breakfast, snack or mid-day treat.

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
  2. Sift the coconut flour, baking soda & salt in a bowl.
  3. In a blender or bowl mix the milk, honey, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla.
  4. Add the chia seeds and blend on low. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
  6. Fold in the blueberries to mixture at the very end, and gently stir together.
  7. Spoon the batter into greased cupcake sleeves or tins.
  8. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
  9. Cool on rack and serve.

These Coconut Blueberry Muffins are going to make your day. You don’t have to take our word for it, though. People from all over have been raving about them (and you can read about it in the comments below).

Nutiva Organic Coconut Blueberry Muffins kitchen.nutiva.com Coconut Flour

With some basic, quality ingredients, the standard breakfast/dessert muffin can be transformed.

Coconut Blueberry Muffins kitchen.nutiva.com Nutiva Organic
Delicious gluten-free muffins packed with moisture and flavor. Great for breakfast, snack or a midday treat.

Click HERE to save this recipe for later.
Coconut Blueberry Muffins kitchen.nutiva.com Gluten free
IMG_3448
Interested in making another version of these? Try the Mini Berry Coconut Muffins. Looking for some milk to go with them? Try our Homemade Coconut Milk.

Be sure to click HERE to pin these for later!

Organic Coconut Blueberry Muffins via kitchen.nutiva.com

Made With Nutiva

Organic Chia Seed
Organic Chia Seed

Our crunchy, gluten-free Organic Chia Seeds are packed with omega-3, protein, rare antioxidants and fiber

Shop Now
Organic Coconut Flour
Organic Coconut Flour

Certified gluten-free, its rich texture and natural sweetness make Nutiva Organic Coconut Flour great for baking

Shop Now
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

Cold-pressed and never refined, rich in lauric acid and versatile in your kitchen

Shop Now

Comments

1. Earl Christie says:

I have made several batches of these muffins along with some variations:
    1. Flax meal substituted for eggs (1Tbsp meal: 2 Tbsp water). – Bob’s Red Mill Flax meal
    2. Tried defrosted frozen blueberries (adds blue streaks to the batter). – Kirkland
    3. Tried dried blueberries – fresh are best
    This is an excellent and versatile recipe – thanks very much for sharing.

2. Brad says:

These are pretty tasty. Just made the first batch and they turned out great. Thanks!
    But holy moly…I can’t believe how much honey is called for. A half a cup+?! That’s nuts. We used 1/4 cup and they’re definitely plenty sweet. Making muffins, not diabetes cupcakes! 😉

3. Lori Beth says:

Hi! Just an FYI… I’ve read comments saying that flax eggs wont work for this recipe. I have a food allergy babe and he is allergic to literally everything. Oddly, the only thing in this recipe he couldn’t have were the eggs. It was worth a shot for me to sub in flax eggs despite the comments (i believe they were on the mini muffin page, which looks to be the same recipe). I did 6 TBS flax meal and 15 TBS water, let sit for about 10 mins while I worked on the rest of the recipe and tended to my babe. The muffins turned out to be the yummiest recipe I’ve ever made for him! I’ve tried other paleo/gluten free/allergen free/whatever recipes for cakes and breads and other baked goods. They have always turned out dry and brittle and a pain in the mouth to chew or an assault on the taste buds. But THIS recipe is down right amazing! My almost 3 year old has been running around for an hour singing “yummy muffins”! And he is in that picky stage where he won’t eat his usual safe foods. They are moist and hold together well. Great flavor. And minus the grainy texture (that I’ve actually found to enjoy about them) , are very muffin like. I was very surprised and impressed with this recipe. Thanks for the safe, healthy treat for my son! And myself : ) Oh, they are even yummier dipped in the left over coconut milk : P

4. Ari says:

for any skpetics (I was one after reading the recipe), I just made these, they are really good.
    I have never made coconut flour muffins with chia seeds- what an excellent addition. The chia seeds make them taste like more traditional muffins. You don’t have to use that much honey, you can use less and it will still taste good.

Hi, Ari! Thanks for the feedback. We are so glad you love them as much as we do!

5. joanydv says:

I just made these for the first time. They are delicious, but very, very moist. Is that the way they should be or a little more dry? Also, when adding the melted coconut oil to the eggs and milk, which were cold, the coconut oil started to solidify and was lumpy in the batter. Could that have affected the outcome, or is that the way it should be? Thank you.

Hi! Yes, these are fairly moist muffins. The coconut oil should not have affected the consistency outcome.