Coconut Almond Cream Pie
If you are in the mood for a sweet, delicious treat filled with Hempseed, Chia Seeds, Coconut Oil and Coconut Manna you have to try this Coconut-Almond Cream Pie recipe!
- 11/2 cup almonds Raw Unsalted
- 1/2 cup Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1 Tbsp maca powder Powder, (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 Pt. MimicCreme brand sugar-free Almond and Cashew Cream
- 1/4 cup (white or black) Organic Chia Seed
- 11/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Manna
- coconut Shredded
- To make crust start by adding the almonds, hempseed, and Maca powder to a food processor.
- Process these ingredients until the almonds are finely chopped. Add the honey and coconut oil and pulse until all ingredients are mixed together and the mixture looks crumbly.
- Take a 9 in. pie dish and push the crust mixture evenly throughout the plate making sure to go up the sides. Make sure that all the mixture is packed and then place the pie plate and mixture in the freezer.
- While the crust is setting in the freezer add 1 c. of the almond and cashew cream to a mixer and blend until frothy (start on low and adjust to high so the cream doesn’t get all over you). After the mixture is frothy add the chia seeds and let set. This is when I started melting the coconut manna by putting the jar in a pot of hot water until it was a creamy consistency. Add the manna and honey to the cream and blend until all ingredients are mixed together. The mixture will be really thick. Add the remaining almond and cashew cream add blend on high for about 1 minute. The mixture will be like a creamy pudding.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour the filling into the crust. Spread filling evenly throughout the crust. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hr. Enjoy! *Warning: This is a very rich treat!
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...