Classic Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/4 Cup Organic Red Palm Oil
- 6 Tbsp ice water
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 2 Tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 Tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 Tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp ground cloves
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Organic Red Palm Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups half and half
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Freeze for 5 minutes, then drizzle the red palm oil over the mixture. Using your thumb and first finger, work the oil into the flour mixture until it’s fully incorporated — the mixture will be sandy in texture.
- Freeze for 10 minutes, then add the ice water 2 Tbsp at a time. Use your fingers again to incorporate the water, and form the dough into a ball once you’ve added all 6 Tbsp. If the mixture is extremely dry, you can add up to 1 more Tablespoon of water.
- Flatten the ball into a disc and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Let it rest for 30 minutes before rolling it out. If you aren’t using it immediately, put it in the refrigerator. It will need 15 minutes at room temperature before using!
- When you’re ready to bake, roll the crust out to 1/4″ thick. Fit to a 9″ pie pan, prick the bottom with a fork, line with parchment, and weight with pie weights. Bake at 425F for 10 minutes, then remove the pie weights and parchment, and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, and set aside.
- Whisk together the pumpkin, vanilla, and palm oil. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking fully between each.
- Add the sugar mixture, mix to completely incorporate, and then add the half and half. Whisk until completely smooth, then pour into your prepared and baked pie shell.
- Bake at 400F for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350F and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are browned and set, and the middle is soft but not watery.
- Remove from the oven and let cool at room temperature for 2 hours before refrigerating.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
The holidays call for the perfect ‘Classic Pumpkin Pie,’ and we have the just the recipe for you.
Click HERE to save this recipe for later!
Related Recipes You might be interested in...