Chocolate Orange Coconut Cupcakes
These cupcakes are fantastic! Picture perfect, delicious and they pop right out of the pan! The aroma of Nutiva’s coconut oil and flour and the orange make these cup cakes unforgettable!
- 1 2/3 cup Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1/3 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Manna
- 1 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Orange (zested)
- 2 tbsp Orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 1 cup Water (hot)
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Orange Liqueur (optional)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (or more, chocoholics!)
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Manna
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Orange Zest
- 2 tbsp Raw Honey
- In a bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda and powder.
- In another bowl, cream together the eggs, coconut oil, apple sauce, coconut sugar and coconut Manna milk, zest and orange juice concentrate.
- Mix the cacao with the hot water. Stir in the orange juice, and if you like liqueur.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/3 of the cocoa orange mixture. Repeat two more times.
- Stir in the dried coconut and the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the oiled muffin cups (12 cup muffin tin, medium size) till 3/4 full (about 1/3 cup of batter).
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (till toothpick in the center comes out clean)
- Let cool.
- Frosting: Whip together and use a pastry bag to pipe on top of the cupcakes.
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...