- 2 lbs Chicken Thighs (diced)
- 1/2 Butternut Squash (sliced)
- 20 pieces Okra (sliced)
- 4 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup - can be substituted with coconut oil & 2 tsp paprika Organic Red Palm Oil
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1-2 Chilies (minced; remove seeds and stems to better control)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes (lightly toasted)
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, and salt for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat palm oil in a pot, then add chicken. On medium heat, brown chicken on all sides.
- Put heat on low then add onions, garlic, chili, and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes while occasionally stirring.
- Add chicken stock and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add squash then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add okra and simmer for 3 more minutes or until okra is tender.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Garnish with coconut chips and serve.
This is a dish that originated from West Africa, made with chicken, okra, tomato, chilies and Nutiva Organic Red Palm Oil. Similar in taste to that of the spicy Filipino dish Pinakbet, but served with chicken.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...