Chicken Coconut Curry
An anti-inflammatory stew heavy with vegetables and layers of flavor.
- 1 tbsp Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tbsp Organic Coconut Manna
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 Thai Chile (chopped)
- 1 tsp Mustard Seed
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 Chicken Thighs (with skin)
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- 2 Carrots (diced)
- 1 Butternut Squash (seeded and quartered)
- 1 head Cauliflower (chopped)
- 2 cups Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 cup Peas (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups Water
- Using a large pot (9 qts is ideal) heat coconut oil over low-medium heat and add onion, celery, carrots, thai chile, ginger and garlic.
- *Control the heat of the chile by removing the seeds and membranes, giving rise to the seeds if you want a mild curry.
- Let the flavors permeate the coconut fat until the onion becomes translucent – about 7 minutes.
- Add mustard seed and curry powder then stir.
- Add chicken and mix well until chicken browns – about 15 minutes.
- Add water and manna and let heat until manna melts.
- Add butternut squash quarters. Let cook on medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and butternut squash to cool (10-15 minutes).
- Add cauliflower to the pot.
- Debone chicken and remove skin then shred and return to pot.
- Remove skin from butternut squash and chop into 1″ pieces, then return to pot to cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add peas and spinach in last 5 minutes.
- Serve alone, over rice, or with bread such as naan or a a hearty loaf.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...