Cheddar Cheese Crunchies
These raw, delicious crunchy munchies go great on a salad, or throw them in a bag when you are on the go. Loaded with super nutrients, these will surely add an energy boost to your day! This recipe comes to us courtesy of Barbara S. from Rawfully Tempting.
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Shelled Hempseed
- 1 1/4 cups Raw Cashews
- 2 cups Red Bell Pepper
- 4 tsp Sesame Tahini
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tsp Nama Shoyu (or Tamari)
- 3 tsp Nutritional Yeast (optional – not raw but adds a cheesy flavor)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- In a high-speed blender, combine ingredients until creamy. Add more water only as needed. (Consistency should be thick, but pour-able). Taste for spiciness, and adjust as needed.
- Use as a cheese sauce/dip, or spread on 2-3 non-stick dehydrator sheets, using an offset spatula. (These are one my favorite kitchen tools and make spreading mixtures so much easier). Spread as thin as possible. (tip: dip spatula in glass of water periodically to help ease spreading. Also tap the tray on your counter top and let the mixture spread itself out evenly).
- Dehydrate at 110 degrees F for 4-6 hours. Using a wide spatula, peel the mixture off the sheet and flip it over. Do not worry if it breaks, just try to keep the pieces flat. Dehydrate another 3 to 4 hours.
- Chop into smaller chunks, or break by hand and return to dehydrator another 3-4 hours, until crunchy. Store in refrigerator for a couple of weeks.