Butternut Squash Soup
- 1/2 Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Apple (sliced)
- 1/2 Large Onion
- 2 tbsp Organic Red Palm Oil
- 2 tbsp Organic Coconut Manna
- 1 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 Clove or pinch of clove powder
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Water
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (canned)
- Fresh Basil Leaves or Pumpkin Seeds to Garnish
- Saute onion, garlic,and squash in red palm oil with 1 tsp. salt for a few minutes. Add 1/2 cup water, cover pan or pot and cook on medium low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add another 1/2 cup water, sliced apples, 1/2 tsp. salt, coconut manna & spices and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until soft.
- Turn off heat and add coconut milk, stir slightly. Remove whole clove.
- Pour into a blender and puree until smooth, adjust desired thickness by adding water.
- Reheat in a pot, salt to taste and serve. Garnish with pumpkin seeds or cut basil leaves.
Welcome Autumn into your home with this delicious bouquet of flavors and aroma! You’ll be delighted by the warm butternut squash, the rich spices & coconut and the sweet apple flavor. So nutritious and wonderfully satisfying, perfect for any Fall day.