Brown Rice Noodles with Peanut Sauce and Kale
Exotic and rich, these savory noodles are a healthy take on a Thai classic, made with delicious Nutiva Red Palm Oil.
- 8 oz Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 head Kale (ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced)
- 1 cup Cabbage (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo Beans
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 1/3 cup + 1bsp Peanut Butter (creamy)
- 1 tbsp Organic Red Palm Oil
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Hot Sauce (to taste; Sriracha recommended, but can be substituted with a dash of cayenne pepper)
- 3-5 tbsp Water (warm)
- 1/2 cup Peanuts (chopped; optional)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped, fresh)
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds (toasted)
- 2 tbsp Mint Leaves (chopped)
- Prepare brown rice noodles as per instructions on package. Rinse with cold water, drain noodles well and set aside.
- In a large pot, combine cabbage, kale, vegetable broth and sea salt and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, to create dressing: in a big salad bowl, combine lime juice, peanut butter, honey, red palm oil, soy sauce and hot sauce or pepper to taste. Whisk well with a fork and add water to thin out sauce as needed.
- Add brown rice noodles, cabbage, garbanzo beans and kale to the large bowl with dressing.
- Toss well to evenly coat noodles and vegetables.
- Transfer mixture to large serving platter. Garnish with chopped peanuts, cilantro, mint and sesame seeds and serve warm or at room temperature.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...