Banana Coconut Muffins
A vegan muffin recipe that includes bananas, as well as superfoods like Nutiva Organic Chia Seed, Coconut Sugar, and Virgin Coconut Oil.
- 3/4 cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp (ground and mixed with 6 tbsp water) Organic Chia Seed
- 3 Bananas (overly ripened)
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Baking Flour (either pre-mixed or 2:1 ratio of rice flour: tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Using a hand mixer blend coconut sugar with coconut oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Softened or melted coconut oil is easiest to blend with; consider heating in a water bath to make mixing easier.
- Add bananas, chia seed + water mixture, and vanilla extract to bowl and mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt until well mixed and lumpy
- Prepare a muffin tin with paper muffin cups. Divide mixture into the 12 spaces in the tin and place in pre-heated oven.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from muffin pan.
Made With Nutiva
Related Recipes You might be interested in...