Baked Yams With Hempseeds and Coconut Oil
A delightful, easy-to-make dish that makes a great addition to any holiday spread, made with Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil and Hempseed for added omegas and flavor.
- 4 - 6 Organic Yams
- 12 tsp Nutiva Organic Hempseeds
- 4 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 tbsp Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash and scrub yams thoroughly, then cut several small slits in each yam skin for thorough cooking.
- Place the yams on a pan or wrap them tightly in foil. Bake the yams at 350°F for 1 hour, or a little less or more depending on the size of the yams.
- If you prefer, toast the hemp seeds by greasing pan with Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil and toasting at medium temperature for 3-5 minutes in toaster or regular oven (325°F) until lightly brown. Remove from oven and mix in sea salt.
- Slice open baked yams lengthwise and add 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil to each yam, sprinkle with salted hemp seeds, and place on serving dish.
Related Recipes You might be interested in...