A great donut can transform any morning. It can also pair with an afternoon cup of tea, or act as the perfect after-dinner dessert. These baked donuts are so great that your friends will not believe they are gluten, grain and dairy free.
½ cup + 2 Tbsp. (sifted, then measured) Organic Coconut Flour
¼ cup almond meal (not almond flour)
5 large eggs, at room temperature
¾ tsp. nutmeg
¼ cup (measured, then melted) Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
½ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
¼ cup cranberries, fresh
1 Tbsp. Organic Chia Seed
¾ cup (ground to a powder then sifted) Organic Coconut Sugar
2 Tbsp. + 3 Tbsp. Light Coconut Milk
You’ll need (2) donut pans that make (6) donuts each.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place all dry ingredients (except baking soda) in a large mixing bowl and stir by hand.
3. Place vanilla and apple cider vinegar in a small, separate bowl and stir.
4. Add melted coconut oil and vanilla / apple cider vinegar mixture and the baking soda to the dry ingredient bowl. Gently stir by hand until combined.
5. Add in eggs, one-by-one, until all ingredients are completely blended together.
6. Pour mixture about 2/3 full in each donut space.
7. Bake for about 8 minutes (as ovens vary in baking times, keep an eye on the donuts beginning around minute 7).
8. Remove donuts from pans and place on a cooling rack.
1. Use ground chia seed OR grind whole chia seeds in a small blender and set aside.
2. Blend cranberries and 2 Tbsp. light coconut milk in a small blender until you reach a smooth consistency.
3. Place cranberry mixture, chia seeds and 3 Tbsp. light coconut milk in a medium pan on the stove. Heat on low and stir by hand until all ingredients are completely mixed together. Do not boil or overheat.
4. Slowly add in the coconut sugar and whisk until completely combined. Remove glaze from heat.
5. Glaze donuts using a spoon or pastry brush.