These mochi pillows are filled with two not too sweet sauces. Enjoy with a cup of coffee on a foggy fall morning or serve with vanilla ice cream by smashing a spoonful of vanilla ice cream between two of these baked, fall spiced–sauce filled mochi squares.
- 1 package of Chocolate Brownie Grainaissance Mochi
Filling Option #1
- 4 packets of
Filling Option #2, Coconut Pumpkin
- ⅓ can Farmers Market Organic Canned Pumpkin
- ⅓ cup Organic Coconut Manna
- 2 tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ lemon, juice squeezed
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
1. Crispy Pillows of Chocolate Mochi
2. package of Chocolate Brownie Grainaissance Mochi
3. Follow instructions on the package to bake properly.
4. Bake and set aside.
5. Coconut Pumpkin Filling:
6. In a small pot, heat the Manna, pumpkin, lemon juice, salt and spices on low for 3-4 minutes stirring every minutes or so.
7. Turn off heat and set aside; in the fridge is best, while piping the Chocolate Hazelnut Spread into the baked pillows of Mochi.
8. Putting it all Together
9. Fill an icing bag with Chocolate Hazelnut Spread with the straight long tip firmly in place (Good Cook Brand icing bag was used here.)
10. Poke a hole in the mochi pieces and pipe in Chocolate Hazelnut Spread about a teaspoon or so in each piece.
11. After all mochi pieces have been piped with the chocolate move on to the coconut pumpkin filling.
12. Take the coconut pumpkin filling out of the fridge and scoop it into the frosting bag.
13. Fill the mochi pieces full and plate.