Ingredients:For the rice:
- 1 1/3 cup sushi rice
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the topping:
- 1/2 pound sushi/sashimi grade tuna, finely diced
- 1 tbsp Spicy Seasoning and Marinade
- 1 tsp Sriracha, more to taste
- 1 tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp mirin
- 2 tbsp freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 3 tbsp avocado oil, for brushing
- 2 small avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lime, for squeezing on top (optional)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 jalapeños, thinly sliced
1. Place the rice in a fine strainer and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. Pour the rice in a pot and add the water. Let sit for 30 minutes.
2. Bring rice to boil over medium-high heat. When boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Then remove from heat and let sit for a further 15 minutes.
3. While the rice is sitting, combine the vinegar, salt and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat on a low flame and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over rice and gently stir with a wooden spoon until incorporated. Leave to sit until cooled to room temperature.
4. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 non-stick pan with plastic wrap. Add the rice and pack down tightly, smoothing out the surface. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, best overnight.
5. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the tuna, Coconut Aminos, Sriracha, kewpie mayo, sesame oil, mirin and lime juice. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
6. Turn the rice out onto a cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces. Brush all sides generously with avocado oil and place in the basket of an air fryer, leaving space in between the pieces. You may need to do this in 2 batches, depending on the size of your basket. Fry for 15-20 minutes at 400F/200C, flipping the pieces half way, until evenly browned and crispy.
7. Remove the crispy rice pieces from the air fryer and arrange on serving board. Top with avocado slices and a squeeze lime juice (optional). Divide the tuna mixture on top, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place a jalapeño slice on each of the pieces. Serve immediately.